Wednesday 25 April 2012

V is for VODKA




We've had 3 bottles of flavored vodka hanging around for a while now and I, for some reason, never figured out what to do with them, besides using Sprite for mix. We have a painting party coming up so I've been meaning to google for cocktails. Today, being V-day worked out very well. Here's what I found.





SOUR APPLE VODKA

Apple Fairy
2/3 oz absinthe herbal liqueur
2/3 oz apple vodka
3 oz sparkling apple cider
Make some apple juice ice cubes before you start. Then add 3 apple juice cubes to a cocktail glass. Add absinthe and apple vodka, and fill with cider.

Apple Kiss
1 oz apple vodka
1 oz apple schnapps
1 oz cream
Mix all, adding cream last.

 Apple Cinnamon Toast  
1 1/4 oz. Smirnoff Green Apple Twist vodka
1/2 oz. Goldschlager
Dash of Green Apple Jell-O
Sliced Apple on top
Cinnamon Rim
Garnish with Cinnamon stick, apple slice

Mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a chilled martini glass rimmed with cinnamon. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and apple slice.

COCONUT VODKA
Cocopolitan
1 1/4 oz coconut vodka
1/2 oz orange liqueur
3/4 oz cranberry juice
1 twist lime juice
Combine in a shaker all the ingredients and shake. Chill a cocktail glass, pour and serve with a twist of lime.

This is the only recipe I could find for coconut vodka but I did read some tips. It's very good with juices, especially pineapple. Add cream and I might have a chichi.


VANILLA VODKA
Banana Popsicle
1 oz vanilla vodka
1 oz banana liqueur
orange juice
pineapple juice
Pour over ice in a shaker adding equal parts of orange juice and pineapple juice to the spirits. Shake and strain over ice cubes into a collins glass.

Blue Dragonfly
1 oz Hypnotiq liqueur
1 oz vanilla vodka
1 splash Sprite
Combine the Hpnotiq liqueur and vanilla vodka over ice in a chilled cocktail glass. Top with Sprite and serve.

Ok, I think that's a good start. Do you have a favorite flavored-vodka drink, or maybe some ideas you can throw my way?

6 comments:

  1. I keep a bottle of vodka in my freezer at all times. For emergencies, you know.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Screwdriver, Harvey Wallbanger, and Vodka Martini. That's about as creative as I've ever been with vodka. However, I plan to try every recipe you've posted (over a reasonable period of time of course).

    ReplyDelete
  3. No tips for you but the apple drink sounds interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought so, too. I think I have all the ingredients here so I could do an early taste test. ;)

      Delete
  4. I like Screwdrivers, I haven't had a Harvey Wallbanger for years (I've always loved the name, though). A vodka martini I don't think I have ever tried. Now, I will.
    I'm gonna try the recipes, too. We'll compare notes. :)

    ReplyDelete