Thursday 19 April 2012

Q is for QUIET

Note: I'm doing this on the fly, typing as I think so .... it'll be short. (That's probably a good thing).

It's quiet in the country. You don't realize how noisy the city is until you move to the country. There is no traffic, no sirens, no yelling. In the country you listen to nature, in the city noises are forced on you. Nature is drowned out. No wonder you feel disconnected from nature, you can't hear it, sometimes you can't even see it.

It's like discovering a whole new world and somehow gives me hope that all is not lost. It's wonderful to wake up to the sound of birds singing, real song birds, singing and happy. The evening's entertainment starts with loons, then frogs and owls. There's more, but I've been in the city so long I can't even identify half the  sounds any more. It's common knowledge to the folks living here and I'm looking forward to learning them all over again.

Bottom line -- to me quiet is the absence of man-made noise and heaven is listening to the "quiet" of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment