Saturday 21 April 2012

S is for SUFFERIN' SUCCOTASH!


Every Saturday night my whole family would gather in front of the TV to watch The Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour -- and spend the next hour laughing, sometimes until tears ran down our faces. My brothers and I would come running from everywhere when we heard "Overture, curtain, lights ...." and be settled in before "... on with the show, this is it!"

Such antics and ingenuity. The voices, the characters ... they don't make cartoons like that any more. There's been nothing since that even comes close in entertainment value. Fifty years later, it's still on TV, that says something. To this day the characters can be identified by their "catch phrases". When you saw the title of this post, did you picture Sylvester?

I can't resist listing more expressions. Can you name the character?

Ehh, what's up, Doc?
Ya long-eared, flea-bitten varmint!
You waskewy wabbit!
I taught I taw a puddy tat!
What's the big, I say, what's the big idea ...?
I am ze locksmith of love, no?
You are making me very, very angry!
Meep, meep!

I still can't decide which character is my favorite. Which is your favorite character and/or quote?

4 comments:

  1. Yosemite Sam and Wile E. Coyote were always my favorite. The tragic characters. lol

    And who can forget the Bugs Bunny episode with the Abominable Snow Rabbit? "I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him". The best!

    Stopping in via the A-Z blogging challenge and decided to follow.

    Bev @ Blue Velvet Vincent

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the abominable snow rabbit, too. That voice. LOL!
    Thanks for visiting, Bev. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all. Foghorn Leghorn is my favorite (and coincidentally I've featured him in my most recent blog post). "What's the big, I say, what's the big idea ...?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I like Foghorn Leghorn. I'll come over and visit. Thanks for dropping by. :)

    ReplyDelete