Thursday 5 April 2012

E is for EASY EASTER EGG (shaped like a ball)


Yeah, this day would have been so much easier if I'd had a styrofoam egg. After sewing a "stuffed egg" and trying to decorate it to trying to make an egg shape with styrofoam balls, I finally decided to just go with the ball shape and pretend it was an egg. Although this isn't quite what I had in mind when I started, I'm done for today. Tomorrow I'll do the others.

You'll need: styrofoam egg, ribbon and straight pins.

This is a really simple "egg" and is pretty much self explanatory. Just wrap the "egg" with ribbon as shown left (each line of ribbon is a double layer. This is so the strips can be separated.) Pin the first round on the double layer of ribbon. In the second round the ribbon strips are separated and there is now a left strip and a right strip. The right strip of one pair is joined with the left strip of the next pair and pinned where they meet. Continue until the entire "egg" is done and that's it!

 There are lots of possibilities here. You can wrap a styrofoam egg in fabric, cover with pastel buttons, flowers, etc. Those are the ones I'll be doing tomorrow. Use whatever you have and as you get going, the ideas will just start coming. I'd love to see what you've come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment