Friday 6 April 2012

F is for FAIRIES




 

I was gonna choose Friday for a topic but thought it might be too obvious. But then again -- is there really too much that can be said about Fridays? Everyone has an opinion. Friday is a very popular day, after all. There are movies (Freaky Friday, Friday Night Lights), songs (Friday Night's Alright for Fightin' -- no, that's Saturday! hehe - another good day).  Friday is good and today is Good Friday. But I digress .... I'm talkin' about fairies!

Fairy Entrance


You'll be glad to know that I won't say much about fairies, 'cause I don't really know about their everyday lives. I just know that I am fascinated by them 'cause they're so elusive. It's so darned hard to get a photograph! There are so few "actual" photos of fairies in the world.






Home of Neuschanstein Fairies





I wish I was around in 1917 when Fancis and Elsie got their photos. Remember them? The 2 young girls from Cottingley in Yorkshire, England who became famous for their photos. Their story prompted Sir Arthur Conan Doyle to write an article entitled "Epoch-Making Event -- Fairies Photographed". The story can be found here.

Although I've never seen a fairy, I have seen photos of their living spaces. These photos are very rare since fairy homes are almost impossible to find and are only visible for a tiny speck of time.









Here is a rare photo of the elusive Roraima Mountain Fairies' Homestead.





And lastly, a rare partial glimpse at the home of the Dubai Fairies. It is said that beneath the fog lies blue sky, sunshine and colours that inspire peaceful contentment.



4 comments:

  1. I do remember the Cottingley fairies. It was fun reading about them again. You have some nice photos here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nikki. I love the photos and enjoyed refamiliarizing myself with the Cottingley Fairies. :)

      Delete
  2. I was going to put in gay man/fairy joke here, but like your Friday comment, it was too obvious.

    Gorgeous photos. Let me know if you find any fairies. I want one:)

    BTW, don't worry about coming up with an A-Z theme. You already have a theme, the alphabet:)Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...I had thought the same thing when I typed in fairy the first time. I will definitely let you know when I find one(the fairy kind).
      Thank you for the nice words regarding my theme.
      And thank you, thank you for following me! I am so happy about that.
      Have a simply awesome Saturday!

      Delete