Saturday 5 May 2012



Shredded Curtains to Pretty Votive Holders.






 Today I washed some gauze curtains that came with the house. One set came out just fine. The other set came out like what you see here. I have no idea what happpened, They looked the same when they went in. :)

Well, I just couldn't bring myself to throw them out without salvaging what I could from them. So, I cut out any daisies that weren't shredded and managed to save a bit of ruffle, too.

Since Mother's Day is coming, I'd been thinking of something 'springy' for my Mother-In-Law. We are on a very limited budget so I usually make gifts using what I have on hand.


I thought I would start with some votive holders. I had some plain glass ones and saw that the daisies were the perfect size for them.

ModPodge and a sponge brush can be used here, but since I have neither, I used a 50/50 white glue & water mixture and an artist's brush which I had on hand, for some reason. ;)



Lay the daisy upside down on waxed paper and apply glue mixture liberally.
Roll the votive holder onto the daisy, it'll lift easily off the waxed paper. 

That's it! You're done! I put 2 daisies on one and 3 on the other.

I need to find a 3rd votive holder and I'll just have one daisy on that. If that doesn't pan out, I may do a vase to go with it.

There are so many possibilities using this technique. It was so quick and easy and I'm really pleased to have repurposed a set of shredded curtains. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment