Saturday 12 May 2012

W is for WINNING!

I have never won the lottery but I've dreamed of it many times. Haven't you dreamed of what you would do if you ever won the 'big one'? It's hard to resist.

I've won $2 here and there and the odd free ticket, but really -- I'm ready for more! I'm a good lotto player ... I buy my ticket, check it myself, toss it out and do it all over again the next week.

I have won a few times in my life, though. Around 20 years ago I won a house! .... along with 19 other people. How do you divide a house among 20 people? We got lucky, that's how. One of the girl's and her hubby wanted to buy the house so we each got $6000. Oh happy day! That was nice!

Another time I won a 27" TV. I was thrilled 'cause at the time we just had a 20" at home. This was long before flat screens and LCDs.

Then there was the time at BINGO when I won $97. I split it with 12 other people. LOL!

It's fun to win no matter what the size of the prize. AND I still have the BIG ONE to look forward to. ;)

Have you ever won a prize, big or small?

6 comments:

  1. I've won a few books and things in blog giveaways. The best was a long time ago when we won a bushel of groceries! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Books and groceries are great prizes!
      Thanks for visiting, I'll come see you, too. :)

      Delete
  2. You've just won one more follower - with your email thingy! I've never won anything big, me and my wife would love to win just enough money to move to a house with a garden where we can grow vegetables and keep chickens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I won you as a follower. That's a lovely prize.
      I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your wife. I hope you'll be able to get your wish. It's a good one.

      Delete
  3. I know exactly how you feel. Winning almost always feels wonderful!

    New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Sylvia, and for following.

      I'm really enjoying the A-Z, too. I'm meeting so many nice people. I'm coming over to visit. :)

      Delete